my doula services
Birth Doula Services
My job as a birth doula is to be a support for you emotionally and physically, during your prenatal, postpartum, and birthing periods. So many transitions at this time in life can leave parents feeling overwhelmed, even with loving family and friends around. For those who do not have their family close by, or don't want loved ones to alter their personal visions for birth, a doula is a knowledgeable and neutral support who can help balance dynamics, while making sure the mother/birthing person is getting what they want and need. Before the birth, I can help educate you with evidence-based information so that you can make informed decisions without the burden of research being added to your new-parent to-do list, and we will use that information to create a birth plan.
During labour, I will:
- Use comfort measures we agree upon such as massage and relaxation techniques, breathing guidance, position support, verbal encouragement and a caring hand.
- Provide support to family members present by listening compassionately, affording them breaks to eat and rest, and encouraging their support of the birthing partner.
- Help you measure and time your contractions, and educate you about when to contact your primary caregiver.
- Communicate the birth plan to your caregivers when you are unable to, so that your wishes are respected every step of the way.
- Respond to your needs with undivided attention.
Birth Package, $950
- 2 Prenatal Visits
- One month on-call for your birth
- 1 Postpartum visit
Postpartum Doula Services
Postpartum doulas support parents up to three months after birth, helping them navigate life with a new baby. This period is often filled with extremes: joy and love, exhaustion, and doubt about the right thing to do - all while managing household tasks and visits from well-intentioned loved ones. It’s a challenging and beautiful time, when a lot of people don’t have the support to rest and recover from the birth itself. As a postpartum doula, I can meet you before the birth to make a plan for how you’d like to feed your baby, sleep enough, prepare meals, and share chores, incorporating your community and resources, as well as the services and resources at my disposal and in my network of caregivers.
If you’ve just had a baby and are realizing you need help, that’s a great time to call me up, too! In advance or in the moment, I’ll work to empower you as a parent and support you in forming routines, getting the rest and baby-time you need, and educate you of evidence-based practices so you can choose the ones that align with your values. Ultimately, I’m trying to work myself out of a job - by the time three months is up, your trust in yourself will be your guide.
basic Postpartum Package, $225
- 10 hours of Postpartum support
- a Postpartum plan
- A resource packet for specific situations
Additional time is charged at $25/hour. Each visit must be 3 hours minimum.
I come from a mindfulness meditation background, and love to facilitate meditative practices for my doula clients! If you choose to incorporate meditation facilitation in your birth plan, we will work out a number of sessions and check-ins for you to feel supported in the months and weeks leading up to your birth. The longer you meditate, the more available that skill will be for you during your birth, but there is no amount too small to positively affect your experience. Whether you choose to incorporate mindfulness or not, every Birth Package includes two prenatal visits where we formulate a Birth Plan, discuss your questions and feelings, and do some creative visioning to bring excitement and fun to your birth!
Personal Mindfulness Practice Development, price determined case-by-case
- Exploring different styles of meditation to discover what works best for you right now and gives you the most tools to reach for when you need them
- Weekly meditation support by phone or in person